Thursday, January 7, 2010

Doodleberrys


doodleberrys, originally uploaded by IAMWASHONE.
Off the cuff pattern exploration. Pure doodling is like meditation where your trying really hard not to think to much about any one thing. There is a period where everything flows and it just happens and then once you lose focus and it becomes a chore. The problem for me was coming back to a half empty page. I really could not recapture the initial feeling I had when I started this page last night, all the doodles from today where a lot different in structure and inspired by my long fascination with ancient signs and symbols. I've also noticed in recent years that the closer I get to finishing a sketchbook the sloppier the the final pages are
in comparison to the beginning of the sketchbook. I really wanted to start a new book for the new year but thought it would be a waste to leave 10-15 pages blank in a sketch book. 2 pages, left time to try and fill them with something good.

No comments:

Post a Comment